Just 2 more days until Halloween.
Looking for last minute non-food treat ideas? In this post I will have a free Halloween theme booklet available to download!
This past weekend we spent time decorating our treat bags for the kids classroom. It was a great craft to keep them busy while I get some cleaning done.
The thing I love most about these booklets is that they can even be handed out just as is!
Here’s our Classroom Halloween Treats for this year.
What you need
- Brown Paper bags. We got ours at Dollarama in the craft section. (You can use those brown lunch bags
- Googly eyes
- Black marker
- Halloween theme booklet
- Pencil or any additional treat (stickers, erasers)
- Fold your black paper in half horizontally – you should be able to fit 3 hands on it
- Place your child’s hand so that their wrist is on the folded edge of the paper. Trace their hands or have them trace it themselves. Remember it doesn’t have to be perfect. Our goal is to create “spiders” so they don’t need to be perfect.
- Have your child cut our the tracing of their hand. If you’ll be cutting it for them – double up on the paper so your cutting multiples at once!
- Glue and paste the hand (fingers facing downward)
- Glue and paste the googly eyes on the spider
- Draw a straight line from the top of the spider to the top of the bag (creating a spider web)
And there you have it. Some creepy crawling spider treat bags!
Download your HALLOWEEN BOOKLET HERE